The most comprehensive coverage on the construction of Statutes. It includes parts of statutes,Extrinsic-Aids,Intrinsic aids, Reading down, Amendments,Repeals,codifications,Quasi-Judicial agencies,Non-obstante clause,Mandatory/Declatory provisions,Tax ,Beneficial, Criminal,Fiscal Statute's Interpretation and sub-ordinate legislations.Besides it contains the Rules of Interpretation and the Role of Judiciary.Citations are in abundance.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Presumptions against Substantial Changes In Law: Amending Acts
[ See 1A Sutherland Statutory Construction § 22.30 at 179.]
When amendments are enacted soon after controversies arise "as to the interpretation of the original act, it is logical to regard the amendment as a legislative interpretation of the original act, a formal change-rebutting the presumption of substantial change."
[ Boyd v. Commonwealth, 216 VA. 16, 215, S.E.2d 915 (1975). ]
- Rules of Interpretation-Index
- Mischief Rule-II
- Mischief Rule: Basics
- Presumption about Legislature and awareness
- Presumption about Deference and Extent
- Presumption that Statutory Constriction is the dom...
- Presumption of Deference and weight To Agency Inte...
- Presumption in Case of Not-withstanding Clause
- Presumption that Legislator expresses itself throu...
- Presumptions against Substantial Changes In Law: A...
- Presumption against Implied repeal
- Presumption That Latter Enactment over-rides The e...
- Presumption about Special Statute and General Stat...
- Presumption that Amending Acts have some purpose
- Presumption that Legislature Knows the State of ex...
- Plain, Obvious and Rational Meaning
- Presumption of Correctness
- Literal Approach and Development of Other Approach...
- Basics Of Statutory Interpretation- Complete Artic...
- ▼ Jun 05 (19)
- ► May (209)
- ▼ June (119)